How can we build the future in Foggy Bottom?
- Increase walkability and road safety, prioritizing the pedestrian.
- Improve accessibility and connections to Potomac River, Georgetown Waterfront, Rock Creek Trail and the Kennedy Center.
- Redesign the terminus for Virginia Ave NW, at Rock Creek Parkway, considering the L’Enfant Plan.
- Meet equity and resilience goals put forth in D.C.’s Comprehensive Plan
- Remove or reconfigure the Whitehurst Freeway ramps to repair the rift in the city’s grid.
- Explore expanded Metro options through the WMTA easement in the vicinity.
- Cap the subgrade sections of I-66/Potomac River Freeway for development and park use.
- Trade zoning accommodation for onsite inclusive equitable housing opportunities.
- Facilitate relationships for public/private partnerships.